Skip to main content

Update 9/3

So, if you haven't noticed, there haven't been any new posts...

I've been pretty busy from real life stuff...

I kinda said I wasn't going to mention real life stuff, but I guess you can't really avoid it, and I'm pretty sure I have more updates than actual posts at this point anyway.

Work was pretty tough this week, yes I am aware that you shouldn't talk about work on social media, but I'm pretty responsible about that kind of stuff, and I don't have any complaints. I just gotta say that work can take up a lot of your time and sometimes you feel so fulfilled from performing your services and sometimes you feel like it isn't worth it at all. 

I don't recall if I mentioned that I was going back to class, but there you go, I am. It's a US History course so right now our class is going over European exploration in the Americas, "The New World". 

Anyway, I'm really into Dungeons and Dragons right now. That fever has finally hit me, which is pretty bad seeing as how I already have manga and Pokemon addictions. 

If I had something to tell young Griffin from like... I don't know, 10 years ago, I'd say, you should get as much sleep as you can and make sure to go to sleep early because you're going to be begging for it for the next 10 years and you're going to need it to make sure you don't die for the next 10 years. 

Also, I'm turning 20 this month. Crazy.

Alright, that's it for this update. I'll try to post something so that I retain some readers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Greater Understanding of Shonen Jump

I have produced many opinions about manga and anime. That's kind of the point of this blog. And now I am realizing that I have been missing a key point about manga that was kind of necessary so that my opinions were a little more informed than just a criticism of big name manga. That key point is the factor of Shounen Jump manga having the "it" quality. Some very inexperienced readers might call it perfection. It's definitely not perfection, but manga of Shounen Jump that can last for multiple arcs have qualities that are significantly different and significantly better than that of other shounen manga. I will defend my viewpoints on certain things so that I don't out myself as a total hypocrite. First, webtoons, or specifically manhwa webtoons, or specifically God of Highschool is a very unique manga and is further justified by the fact that it is getting an anime. Second, despite not being in Shounen Jump, there are other shounen series that are different an...

Audience Input Please

 Good afternoon, I’m coming to you at 3:18 pm in California. I haven’t posted in a while, and I thought maybe I should. I don’t have anything to talk about or discuss or more specifically, I feel as though I’ve lost sight of what I think my audience should hear. And so taking a cue from a certain discord I joined recently, I would like anyone reading this blog still to respond to the following questions in the comment section. This would greatly motivate me and point me in a direction for where to move this thing that isn’t really alive nor dead. Thanks and here are the questions: 1. What are the Top Two American Television Shows? 2. What are Two Anime You’ve Always Wanted to Watch but Haven’t Yet? 3. What are The Top 5 Anime in Your Opinion of all Time? (objective or subjective) 4. What are Your Top Three Favorite Video Games? 5. What are Your Top Three Favorite Animated Movies? 6. Should I write more often or should I write longer?

One Piece Chapter 1 Review - "Romance Dawn"

So, whenever I write a post I try to think of something interesting, but I'm starting to see my blog become an awful mess. There are just a ton of unorganized, scattered opinions coming from every which way. Although it appears that this pattern will be coming to an end, with my plan to start writing Chapter Reviews , it is not. Also, I am immensely unhappy with myself for deciding to do this. I mean, if I'm gonna write Chapter Reviews , this is the only way to go, but why would I start reviewing One Piece from the first chapter?!!! I'm just an idiot I guess. Chapter 1 of One Piece is titled Romance Dawn. The Subtitle is The Beginning of the Adventures. One Piece, to give context, is a fictional, action/adventure comedy manga. It is published in Weekly Shonen Jump, and has been in publication since 1997. The story begins in a large town square, with an execution taking place. The narrator of the story introduces the pirate known as "Gold Roger", a legendary pi...