Skip to main content

KIMETSU NO YAIBA

Do you like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice?

Do you like Devil May Cry?

Do you say "We Like Ike" or "Roy's Our Boy"?

Good. You'll be addicted to Kimetsu no Yaiba.

"Griffin, are you making another 900 chapter manga recommendation that no one is gonna take seriously?"

No, lucky for all of my readers, this manga was so good that renowned animation studio Ufotable has started production of an anime for it. And heck, it looks good.

Tanjiro. He has an extraordinary sense of smell and likes to headbutt bad people to solve problems.

Giyuu. He's actually a nice and tolerant guy, but in episode 1, Tanjiro was pretty indecisive and Giyuu couldn't handle it. 

I feel like spoiling this manga/anime, so if you don't want spoilers go away now. Seriously go away. Go enjoy your spoiler free viewing. It is actually not my fault that your eyes are straying down towards spoilers. Leave while you still can.



Ok, y'all want spoilers? Here goes. 




Episode 1 features a poor family and the eldest son, Tanjiro. He supports the family by collecting coal and selling it. Even during the winter, he has to walk pretty far to sell the coal. The next day he returns home from selling coal and discovers his whole family has been killed by a demon and his sister, Nezuko, has been turned into a demon herself. After trying to stop his sister from killing him, he is then attacked by a demon slayer. He has to defend his sister from the demon slayer, Giyuu. By proving his ingenuity and the humanity that still remains in his sister, he impresses Giyuu who then sends Tanjiro to his master Urokodaki. 
Nezuko. The cutest and most badass character in the whole series. 







Urokodaki. He's actually a lot nicer than he looks. 











Okay, so I've only seen episodes 1 and 2, but I've read every manga chapter that has come out, which is being published by the one and only Shonen Jump by the way. First and foremost, the animation style between the anime and the manga is clearly different.


The art from the manga is incredibly detailed and feature grainy-styled line techniques which force a 2-D feeling. The anime is incredibly polished with the eyes of each character really drawing the viewer in and the colors really adding to the dark atmosphere of Japan at war with mysterious mystical forces. I really appreciate the manga's style more than the anime's style though. Due to the graininess? grainy-ness? the manga delivers a sense of time period. You can feel how far in the past the manga is supposed to be taking place. It also allows textural details in action scenes, such as when special sword fighting effects appear, to stand out and be as contrastingly beautiful as possible.


*Side Note* I started working on this in April, and now it's the seventh of May, and I just want someone to read this and start watching or even reading this manga. It's exceptional and really shows a new style and opportunity that Shonen Jump is heading in.

Thanks for reading.

"I know he carries a demon around with him. A 'demon's sound' and a 'human's sound' [are] fundamentally different to each other. However... because Tanjiro has a...sound so gentle that it makes me want to cry, so..."
-Zenitsu Agatsuma, Kimetsu no Yaiba












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update 7/31

Hello folks, Hahahahaha. I've been working in service for a little bit so that's a go-to phrase for me now.  Couple things I want to say in this update. 1. It's Lorie Meza's birthday! Hope you had a great day and hope you have a good party on Sunday! 2. I've got a couple posts in the works. I know it's really bad to keep lying to your audience about new posts coming out. I have some excuses though. 3. I've been keeping this from my blog because I wasn't sure I wanted to share it on the internet, but I have depression and ADHD and these two things combine to keep me from staying committed to my blog. Sometimes I feel inspired to make content and then I can't finish it. I do care about this blog though, and that's why I write these updates. For some reason, writing to the audience without having to make content feels much easier. So yeah, that's pretty much what's up with the blog. If anyone's interested in what games I've

A Greater Understanding of Shonen Jump

I have produced many opinions about manga and anime. That's kind of the point of this blog. And now I am realizing that I have been missing a key point about manga that was kind of necessary so that my opinions were a little more informed than just a criticism of big name manga. That key point is the factor of Shounen Jump manga having the "it" quality. Some very inexperienced readers might call it perfection. It's definitely not perfection, but manga of Shounen Jump that can last for multiple arcs have qualities that are significantly different and significantly better than that of other shounen manga. I will defend my viewpoints on certain things so that I don't out myself as a total hypocrite. First, webtoons, or specifically manhwa webtoons, or specifically God of Highschool is a very unique manga and is further justified by the fact that it is getting an anime. Second, despite not being in Shounen Jump, there are other shounen series that are different an

A REVIEW OF A CROSS-COUNTRY ANIME STARRING XC JESUS

The sly captain, Kiyose Haiji THERE ARE SPOILERS HERE. IT'S A REVIEW, NOT A BOOK REPORT.  Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru or Run with the Wind is an anime adaptation of a Japanese novel of the same name that has been airing this season (Winter 2018). You might have heard of the company that is producing it: Production I.G. They produced hits like Prince of Tennis, Kuroko's Basketball, Haikyu!!, and Welcome to the Ballroom, which have become well-known sports manga. This is another sports anime that features a group of college roommates who are suddenly made aware that signing the dorm contract means that they have unwittingly joined their university's track and field team. The captain, Kiyose Haiji forces them all to train to run in the Hakone Ekiden, which is a marathon. The Hakone Ekiden course route  Got'em Kurahara Kakeru attacked by dorm mates The plot centers around the main character Kurahara Kakeru and his internal struggles with his